Posted on: July 4, 2019
STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated
one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and we have
been named as one of Fortune Magazine's Great Places to Work. We
look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are
lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving
attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members' lives.
We love people who share our passion for integrity, service,
innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan - medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan Job Description
The Branch Manager provides leadership and oversight for the
operations of a given branch. This position is responsible for
ensuring coaching that results in credit union growth by focusing
on the deepening of member relationships and providing exceptional
member service. This position is responsible for the branch goals,
team development, staffing and building relationships, both
internal and external.
- Ensure that service is delivered according to established
standards. Review all internal and external member feedback
received and identifies issues for follow-up.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to deepening member
- Provide coaching to team members on creating member experiences
that build member loyalty and that meets branch and credit union
- Proactively manage member feedback, maintain member service
standards, identify and manage opportunities to enhance member
service experience and provide recommendations for
changes/enhancements in service delivery.
- Solve complex or high level member relationship issues.
- Perform all Consumer and Small Business account opening and
- Perform all Consumer and Small Business lending duties.
- Process all member transactions, deposits, withdrawals, etc. as
- Perform Notary services. Team Development and Leadership
- Manage the performance, training requirements, and professional
development of employees, including planning, needs assessments,
design and development and evaluation of leadership skills.
- Identify and address employee relations issues in a proactive
manner and work with employees to resolve the issue or escalate the
concerns to the Director of Retail, Director of Human
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and coaching to team
members in order to assist them in reaching their career goals,
increase their competency and promote team depth and unity.
- Complete team observations and provide coaching on sales and
- Actively cultivate and maintain constructive relationships with
back office staff.
- Communicate branch direction and enable team members to perform
at the highest standards.
- Supervise the branch/staff to include delegation of work
assignments, coaching and feedback, rewards and recognition, and
effective communication to include timely resolution of more
complex branch issues, conflicts and/or concerns.
- Recommend and make changes in staffing levels, basic structure
and/or organization of the branch to ensure effective completion of
- Oversee recruitment, development and retention of branch staff,
requisition new positions as needed and coordinate and participate
in the interviewing, hiring and training of team members as
necessary. Success Tracker
- Develop, manage and monitor branch performance goals.
- Analyze results and keep staff informed on progress related to
goals, variances and recommendations for goal achievement.
- Audits, Security, and Loss Control
- Ensure regular certifications/reviews are conducted and inform
the Director of Retail of outcomes, issues or concerns and
recommend procedural or other changes as needed.
- Ensure staff is adhering to established dual control
- Achieve satisfactory audit score. Branch Operations
- Work closely with the Director of Retail providing feedback as
to what is or is not working.
- Provide back-up support to staff in all aspects of the job
including account maintenance, opening new memberships, loan
production and teller transactions.
- Look for ways to achieve desired results of a branch focused on
having a collaborative dialogue with members.
- Ensure staff has overall small business knowledge to promote
deposit and loan growth
- Actively troubleshoot equipment problems including RBG, Coin
machines, ATM and Instant Issue.
- Develop and monitor the branch budget and branch planning.
Report variances and other budgetary issues and concerns to the
Director of Retail. Communications
- Stay informed of all communication going out to members.
- Stay up to date on communications from the Buzz or Insider that
impact the team or members.
- Ensure team members have appropriate talking points for issues
- Stay informed of all changes that are occurring with policies,
procedures, breach in security and keep team informed.
- Present ideas clearly in a respectful and professional
- Partnerships/Community Involvement
- Collaborate with Community Relations to identify and promote
opportunities to fulfill strategic objectives and provide branch
- Develop and manage partner relationships with Investment
Services, Small Business and Real Estate for referral
- Participate in community development and community relations
campaigns to increase awareness of STCU in the marketplace.
- Represent STCU by attending chamber and other community
- Stay informed on community events. Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree in Business,
Finance or related field preferred.
- Bilingual abilities, including ability to read, write and speak
Spanish fluently is preferred. Preference will be given to those
with bilingual abilities.
- Minimum five years progressive experience in a financial
institution or high end retail environment required. Equivalent
combination of education, experience and demonstrated highly
proficient performance at an STCU branch may be considered in lieu
of years of experience.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a management or leadership
role, preferably in a financial services environment, with
demonstrated skills in coaching, mentoring and developing
- Working knowledge in all aspects of financial institution
products and services to include consumer lending, equity lending,
member service, IRA's, trusts, business accounts, teller operations
- Working knowledge reading branch financial statements.
- Bilingual abilities, including ability to read, write and speak
Spanish fluently preferred at some locations.
- Ability to carry out leadership responsibilities according to
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Notary Public License is required.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS)
registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 is
- Self-directed and detail oriented with the ability to plan and
work in an organized manner, coordinating multiple projects as well
as personal and team responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to
work with staff and public tactfully and professionally, both in
person and on the telephone.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including building and
maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, business correspondence,
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and
communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of
situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain
reasoning for decisions.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete
duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled,
and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed. Physical
- Ability to speak, hear and see.
- Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 25
lbs. Work Environment
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or
moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented
environment. Additional Information
Please review our website for more information at
Keywords: STCU, Pasco , Branch Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!