Company: CSS Farms
Posted on: November 22, 2022
CSS Farms is a multi-state agricultural business with a mission
of Growing Great Together. We achieve this by leading the way in
stewardship and solutions for every field, every load, every
At CSS Farms we take great pride in doing the job right and believe
our best work is achieved when we work together. Farming is our way
of life, we have a deep passion for the land, our families, and our
communities. We have a legacy rooted in solving hard problems and
tackling new business ventures.
The Farm Mechanic supports the Equipment Manager and Farm Manager
in sustaining productive and economic farm operations by performing
standard and advanced diagnostics, repair and maintenance on all
farm equipment including but not limited to tractors, implements,
engines and facilities.
The Farm Mechanic reports to the Equipment Manager and will provide
work direction to farm hands as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to efficiently keep
equipment at optimum operation level at all times by:
- Detecting the cause(s) of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic
problems, correcting the cause(s) of the problems, and performing
related repairs as necessary.
- Performing setup and pre-delivery inspection of new
- Performing preventive maintenance as recommended by company and
- Keeping accurate, complete, and timely records of repair work
- Operating heavy and light equipment including but not limited
to tractors, trucks, pickups, skid steers, loaders and other
equipment as needed.
- Performing welding, acetylene burning, brazing, and soldering
- Performing general labor and cleaning related to equipment
- Keeps work area safe, neat and organized as necessary for
efficient job performance.
Required Position Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess the physical body dexterity and coordination to
bend, squat, twist, and crouch to achieve angle and positions
required to perform various repairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the operation and
repair of both gasoline and diesel engines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with hydraulic
operation and repairs as related to pumps, controls, and
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with
electricity and components as it is related to equipment or
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or the ability to learn about
occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to read and comprehend repair manuals, electrical
schematics, hydraulic schematics and/or written instructions and/or
oral instructions for repair work performed.
- Ability to maintain accurate, complete, and timely records for
repair work performed.
- Must have sufficient physical strength and ability to
independently and repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing
up to 75 pounds.
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours including
weekends as required by seasonal nature of the business.
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic and exceptional interpersonal
- Self-directed individual who leads projects to identify and
implement solutions with team input.
- Demonstrated parts budget management and inventory
- Adaptability to changing situations and have the ability to
perform multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Ability to acquire and hold a valid US driver's license and
successfully pass vehicle insurance verification.
- Candidates must be eligible to work unrestricted in the U.S.
without company sponsorship.
- Ability to comprehend, read, write and communicate proficiently
in English and interact with all levels of the organization.
Preferred Position Qualifications
- Mechanical, Diesel Technician or other related certifications
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Current CDL license
- 5+ years' experience working on farm equipment at an advanced
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the
company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability
Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A competitive paid time off package.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.
- CSS Farms is an EOE
- CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment
based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status.. Date posted: 10/31/2022
Keywords: CSS Farms, Pasco , Farm Mechanic, Engineering , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!