Farm Mechanic - Pasco, WA
Company: CSS FARMS.
Posted on: April 7, 2019
Position SummaryThe Farm Mechanic supports the Equipment Manager
and Farm Manager in sustaining productive and economic farm
operations by performing standard and advanced diagnostics, repair
and maintenance on all farm equipment including but not limited to
tractors, implements, engines and facilities.Company DescriptionCSS
Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide
innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our
customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest
standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value
most: our land, our employees, and our communities.We are a
team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture.
We value our employees' opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and
are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our
operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms
are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.RelationshipsThe Farm
Mechanic reports to the Equipment Manager and will provide work
direction to farm hands as needed.Essential Functions and
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibility of this position is to
efficiently keep equipment at optimum operation level at all times
- Detecting the cause(s) of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic
problems, correcting the cause(s) of the problems, and performing
related repairs as necessary.
- Performing setup and pre-delivery inspection of new
- Performing preventive maintenance as recommended by company and
- Keeping accurate, complete, and timely records of repair work
- Operating heavy and light equipment including but not limited
to tractors, trucks, pickups, skid steers, loaders and other
equipment as needed.
- Performing welding, acetylene burning, brazing, and soldering
- Performing general labor and cleaning related to equipment
- Keeps work area safe, neat and organized as necessary for
efficient job performance.Desired Position Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess the physical body dexterity and coordination to
bend, squat, twist, and crouch to achieve angle and positions
required to perform various repairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the operation and
repair of both gasoline and diesel engines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with hydraulic
operation and repairs as related to pumps, controls, and
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with
electricity and components as it is related to equipment or
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or the ability to learn about
occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to read and comprehend repair manuals, electrical
schematics, hydraulic schematics and/or written instructions and/or
oral instructions for repair work performed.
- Ability to maintain accurate, complete, and timely records for
repair work performed.
- Must have sufficient physical strength and ability to
independently and repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing
up to 75 pounds.
- Willingness and ability to perform work extended hours
including on weekends, holidays as required by seasonal nature of
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic and exceptional interpersonal
- Self-directed individual who leads projects to identify and
implement solutions with team input
- Demonstrated parts budget management and inventory
- Adaptability to changing situations and have the ability to
perform multiple tasks with multiple priorities
- Ability to acquire and hold a valid US driver's license and
successfully pass vehicle insurance verification
- Candidates must be eligible to work unrestricted in the U.S.
without company sponsorship
- Ability to comprehend, read, write and communicate proficiently
in English and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Mechanical, Diesel Technician or other related certifications
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Current CDL license
- 5+ years' experience working on farm equipment at an advanced
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.Related Keywords:
Keywords: CSS FARMS., Pasco , Farm Mechanic - Pasco, WA, Engineering , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!