Mercedes-Benz DRIVE Automotive Service Technician - GI Bill approved Registered Apprenticeship
Company: Mercedes-Benz DRIVE Registered Apprenticeship Prog
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Mercedes-Benz DRIVE Automotive Service Technician - GI Bill
approved Registered ApprenticeshipJob
Mercedes-Benz DRIVE Technician Training and Development Program is
an advanced 16-week Technician training program that provides the
opportunity to learn extensive Mercedes-Benz product knowledge,
customer service best practices and career preparation. All
instruction is to ensure placement with a dealer, post program
graduation. This program is a Registered Apprenticeship through the
U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and the U.S. Department of Veterans
Affairs (VA). U.S. Military Veteran candidates may choose to use
one year of their GI Bill benefits, for the MB DRIVE curriculum and
the on-the-job OJT.You will learn: Introduction to Mercedes-Benz
Diagnostic Strategies Engine Management Systems Brakes and Traction
Suspension Systems Service and Maintenance Climate Control
Telematics E-Mobility Disassembly Intermediate Electrical Career
Development Strategies for Success MB DRIVEs blended learning
approach consists of 90% hands-on workshop instruction and 10%
traditional classroom lecture. To meet the needs of in-demand
automotive technician skills, the program is designed to provide
hands-on experience with Mercedes-Benz Workshop Information
Systems, brand equipment, parts and vehicles. Upon successful
completion of this 4 month school curriculum and 6 months of
on-the-job dealership experience, you will earn the title
Mercedes-Benz Certified Technician. The Mercedes-Benz Technician
core job description: (After 16 weeks of instruction and formal
training & Dealership OJT):
- Works as a team member to support Service Department
- Documents work orders to include: full description of repairs
requested, completed and parts required.
- Informs Supervisor/Adviser of unexpected delays of
- Ensures all work is completed to manufacturer standards.
- Test drive vehicles and Interprets MB and related diagnostic
- Conducts routine service and preventive maintenance on all
types of vehicles.
- Completed vehicle check lists and identifies areas of
- Completes new vehicle preparations.
- Removes and installs vehicle components. In accordance with MB
- Keep work areas clean and in accordance with standards of
safety and the disposal of waste.
- Ensure uniforms and PPE are worn correctly, at all required
- Continues education as a MB Systems Technician. Job
Qualifications:Qualifications, Experience and Capability
- For non-Veteran candidates:
- Graduate from an accredited Automotive Vocational Program, with
a minimum of one year duration. Candidate must provide proof of the
successful completion of one year or more. Transcripts are
- For Veteran candidates:
- An Honorable Discharge from the United States Military and the
ability to provide proof of service and discharge.
- Formal military schooling in a technical field such as
mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical,
electronics or other parallel technical specialized skills. Must be
able to provide a DD214, for proof of technical training and job
- Completion of at least three years working in the specific
technical field of study at the unit, organizational, ship, base,
installation or direct support maintenance level (and maintained a
high level of experience within the past 3 years).
- For all candidates:
- Valid driver's license and a clear driving record.
- Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening
requirements (drug screening, background investigation, credit
score and a Motor Vehicle record report).
- Be able to provide a minimum of three good work/school
references, with current contact information to include
relationship, phone number and email addresses.
- Must be able to:
- Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery
- Drive a manual transmission (for road tests).
- Read and comprehend technical instruction.
- Lift up to a 78 pound tire and wheel assembly, unassisted and
operate hoist and test equipment.
- Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods (up to 8
hours or more on a concrete floor) kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push,
pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed.
- Must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure
to: Petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud
noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes) and assorted other
- Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with the
- During initial interview and screening process, must be willing
to complete mandated online training, as assigned.
- Must be willing to accept a minimum 12 month employment
obligation upon hiring.
- For additional information Contact:Mike SpauldingTechnical
RecruiterAutomotive Programs CALIBRE
online:www.mbusatechs.com Other Job Information (if
Keywords: Mercedes-Benz DRIVE Registered Apprenticeship Prog, Pasco , Mercedes-Benz DRIVE Automotive Service Technician - GI Bill approved Registered Apprenticeship, Engineering , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!