Project Manager of Grounds
Posted on: September 23, 2022
FAFB - Fairchild Airforce Base, WA
4 Year Degree
$24.68 - $27.35 Hourly
Competitive wages + fringe/cash benefits!
$24.68-$27.35/hr. DOE+ $4.23 fringe/cash per hr. benefit
Options to elect benefits or convert fringe benefit to cash
Full-time fringe benefit options:
Apply hourly fringe benefit to monthly medical, dental, life,
disability, and 401(k), OR
Take cash in lieu of benefits.
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can utilize your
extensive grounds maintenance expertise? Can you manage a team?
Would you like to serve our military and make a difference in the
lives of adults with disabilities? If so, Skils'kin is your next
Skils'kin is seeking an expert manager with large-scale grounds
maintenance or similar experience to join our team as full-time
Project Manager of a federal contract located at Fairchild Air
Force Base located outside Spokane, WA.
We are looking for a positive, purpose-driven leader to ensure we
deliver the highest quality work to our military while providing
vocational career development for individuals with disabilities. No
formal education is requiredwe value your work experience and
dedication to our mission. Take a moment to see who we are and how
you can become a part of something more!
We are Skils'kin
For more information on our mission, vision, values, and grounds
services, visit www.skils-kin.org
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure your success as a manager, Skilskin provides ongoing
training, support & mentorship from our corporate teams located in
Spokane, WA in the following duties:
- Lead and mentor an existing crew of 20 to 25 employees
performing a wide range of grounds maintenance
- The project manager also oversees mechanics and the repair
operations of the equipment used to complete work.
- Responsible for personnel management to include payroll,
evaluations, interviewing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions,
- Responsible for development and training for all supervisors
and crew members. Actively engage with your grounds crew and build
relationships with your team. Understand your employees individual
abilities and position them for success.
- Outline daily routes, delegate duties, manage a budget, and
prioritize tasks to ensure successful compliance of contract
requirements and special request work. Responsible for overall
implementation and follow-through of contract performance,
including quality control and corrective performance measures.
- Establish a strong relationship with our government customer by
facilitating professional communication and proactively managing
- Be an ambassador for your team through local community outreach
and building public relationships, contributing to Skilskin
becoming a premier supporting employer for individuals with
- Responsible for communications with the government as part of
the contract requirements.
- Empathy and respect for individuals with disabilities or
disadvantages is required.
- A minimum of two years experience managing a project with a
budget size in excess of $1 million annually. Experience with
assisting in an endeavor of this size will also be considered.
- Commercial landscape maintenance experience that encompasses
all maintenance services to include large scale mowing and
trimming, pruning, shrub trimming, licensed weed control, and
irrigation troubleshooting and maintenance. Consideration will be
given to those with some but possibly not all areas of expertise
(training will be provided).
- Must possess professional-level verbal and written
- Experience in hiring & developing employees and managing
- An empathetic and sincere desire to support individuals with
disabilities reach their workplace potential.
- Must have working knowledge of computers and applicable
software including Outlook, Word, & Excel. Must be able to learn
software for finance, budget, inspections, payroll, and
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid drivers license
and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
- Pre-employment background check and Fairchild Air Force Base
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a Washington Commercial
Pesticide License and a CDL.
Compensation & Benefits
- This is an hourly position that includes benefit options.
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service
that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of
Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact
DHS at 1-888-464-4210.
Skils'kin is an equal opportunity employer. Skils'kin abides by the
contractor and subcontractor requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a),
60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on status.
Skils'kin takes affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Skilskin is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who
need assistance with our application process
To request an accommodation in any step of our process, please
contact Human Resources at (509) 326-6760.
Keywords: SKILSKIN, Pasco , Project Manager of Grounds, Executive , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!