Company: Manulife and John Hancock
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with
great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place.
We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to
make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds
like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear
Manulife Investment Management Timberland and Agriculture, Inc.
(MIMTA) founded in 1985, is a registered investment adviser and
wholly owned subsidiary of John Hancock/Manulife Financial
Manulife Forest Management, Inc. ("MFM") and Manulife Farmland
Services, Inc. ("MAS") are wholly owned subsidiaries of MIMTA. MFM
and MAS are property management companies that serve global
institutional investors through related-party investment management
groups and third-party private investors. MFM oversees the timber
development and harvesting operations for approximately 3.8million
acres of timberland across the USA and Canada. MAS oversees the
agricultural assets and operations for approximately 0.3 million
acres of farmland throughout the USA.
Position is responsible for the organization, planning,
implementation and supervision of farming operations in a manner,
which optimizes return on investment and demonstrates good
stewardship in the communities in which we operate. Coach/mentor
team in farming operations and help them expand their areas of
knowledge and responsibilities
What you will be doing
- Assist Area Managers III in formulating and monitoring
operating and capital budgets per property.
- Perform within the total budget framework adjusting for special
unforeseen, uncontrollable conditions that cause variances from
"normal" budgeted figures.
- Implementation and execution of effective, efficient, orderly,
and timely farming operations.
- Promptly respond to special circumstances or conditions during
the growing season such as weather, pest, diseases, or other
- Achieve yields comparable or better than the best farmers in
the area, with similar property.
- Responsible for ensure neat and orderly appearance of assigned
- Effective handling of personnel, contractors, labor, vendors,
equipment, and processors, in a strong, fair manner.
- Assist Ranch Managers in performing their duties efficiently
- Promptly report problems or successes, and produce monthly
management reports, or other analysis as needed.
- Follow procurement procedures, both the formal and the informal
- Implement company safety policies, and evaluate new regulations
for necessary updates or changes.
- Ensure company policies are followed and all employees are
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for
- 4 year college degree in Agricultural studies or related field;
or proven experience farming with at least two (2) years in a
- Demonstrated ability farming, preferably farming permanent tree
- Must be familiar with GIS programs, iPads, smart phones, other
customary electronic tools
- Must be able to work well with various personality types
- Must be able to communicate well with others, bi-lingual
- First aid/CPR training or certificate
- Willing to actively pursuing Accredited Farm Manager (AFM)
- Must possess Valid driver's license and be insurable with
Company's commercial insurance carrier
- Requires working outdoors, in all weather conditions
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, plus
occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- View and type on computer screens for long periods.
- Performing the essential functions of this job may require the
incumbent to work with and/or around hazardous materials, perform
lifting and/or bending, or be exposed to unpleasant or hazardous
conditions or substances in the field including heat, exhaust or
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward,
encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a
positive social and environmental impact.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to
learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an
impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading
international financial services group that helps people make their
decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John
Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including
Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and
wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and
institutions. Assets under management and administration by
Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1
trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation
trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK.
Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock
supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of
financial products, including life insurance, annuities,
investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional
information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to
attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the
customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that
embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed
to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and
we administer all of our practices and programs without
discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,
colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs,
creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions),
sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender
identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status,
disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to
employment. A Human Resources representative will work with
applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the
application process. All information shared during the
accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner
that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock
policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application
process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know Your Rights I Family & Medical Leave I Employee Polygraph
Protection I Right to Work I E-Verify I Pay Transparency
Keywords: Manulife and John Hancock, Pasco , Area Manager, Executive , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!