Assistant Branch Manager I
Posted on: July 4, 2019
Company DescriptionSTCU is a growing regional credit union that is
consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the
nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine's Great
Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to
serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard,
have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in
our members' lives. We love people who share our passion for
integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and
celebration.STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan - medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing planJob DescriptionThe Assistant
Branch Manager provides leadership through coaching team members to
create an exceptional member experience and deepen relationships.
This position's primary responsibility is to lead team member in
achieving goals through the implementation of branch tactical
plans, development of team members and day-to-day operations of a
given branch.Team Development and Leadership
- Manage the performance, training requirements, and professional
development of team members, including planning, needs assessments,
design, development and evaluation of leadership skills.
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and coaching to team
members in order to assist them in reaching their career goals,
increase their competency and promote team depth and unity.
- Preform team observations and provide coaching on sales and
- Communicate branch direction and enable team members to perform
at the highest standards.
- Supervise the branch staff to include delegation of work
assignments, coaching and feedback, rewards and recognition, and
effective communication to include timely resolution of more
complex branch issues, conflicts and/or concerns.
- Recommend and make changes in staffing levels, basic structure
and/or organization of the branch to ensure effective completion of
- Requisition new positions as needed and coordinate and
participate in the interviewing, hiring and training of team as
- Assist in the development, management and monitoring of branch
- Analyze results and keep team members informed on progress
related to goals, variance and recommendations for goal
- Provide motivation, recognition and/or assistance to team
- Ensure that service is delivered according to established
- Ensure that team members provide members with solutions to
financial needs by recommending appropriate STCU products and
- Proactively manage member feedback, follow-up when service
exceeds or does not meet standards.
- Identify and manage opportunities to enhance member service
experiences and provide recommendations for changes/enhancements
for service delivery.
- Optimize staff scheduling to serve members at the highest level
and improve productivity
- Provide back up support to teller and loan and member service
team members as needed.
- Perform all Small Business account opening, maintenance, and
Small Business lending duties.Audits, Security and Loss Control
- Ensure regular certifications/reviews are conducted and inform
Branch Manager of outcomes, issues or concerns and recommend
procedural or other changes as needed.
- Ensure team members are adhering to established dual control
- Keeps team informed of latest fraud trends and provides
coaching to mitigate risk.
- Achieve a satisfactory audit score.QualificationsKnowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Associate's degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual abilities, including ability to read, write and speak
Spanish fluently is preferred. Prefence will be given to those with
- Minimum three years progressive teller, new accounts or lending
experience in a credit union or other financial institution.
Equivalent combination of education, experience and demonstrated
highly proficient performance at an STCU branch may be considered
in lieu of years of experience.
- Minimum one year experience in a supervisory or leadership
role, preferably in a financial services environment, with
demonstrated skills in coaching, mentoring and developing
- Working knowledge in all aspects of financial institution
products and services to include consumer lending, member service
and teller operations.
- Must be service and goal oriented.
- Ability to carry out leadership responsibilities according to
- Ability to present ideas clearly using respectful language,
tone and body language.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key
- Notary Public License is required.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS)
registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 is
- Medallion Signature Guarantee maybe required, depending on
- Self-directed and detail oriented with the ability to plan and
work in an organized manner, coordinating multiple projects as well
as personal and team responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining
positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and
communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve complex required, including the ability to
complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as
scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as
- Ability to speak, hear and see.
- Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of
time.Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 25
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or
moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented
environment.Additional InformationPlease review our website for
more information about STCU at
Keywords: STCU, Pasco , Assistant Branch Manager I, Executive , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!