New Graduate Nurse- Inpatient Services- Western Group- 2023
Location: Walla Walla
Posted on: November 15, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position is for graduates of an accredited school of Nursing
working in a state that does not allow graduates to perform nursing
duties until licensed. - -The specific job title used will be
determined based on the state where the employee is
employed.Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team
providing safe and effective dialysis therapy for patients under
the direct supervision of a licensed nurse while working towards
obtaining their nursing license. -Employees hired into this
position will be required to obtain their nursing license within 90
days of their hire date.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Patient Care:
- Performs vascular access evaluation pre-treatment.
- Performs and records Pre and Post dialysis evaluation, weight
and vital signs with initial identification.
- Performs vascular access cannulation and reports any
difficulties in cannulation or unusual findings to nurse
- Initiates dialysis treatment according to prescribed orders
including blood flow (QB) and dialysate flow (QD).
- Evaluates intradialytic problems and provides intervention as
prescribed by physician order or as directed.
- Monitors patients' response to dialysis therapy.
- Obtains vital signs prior to reinfusion; performs all relevant
functions necessary for the discontinuation of treatment and
- Evaluates patient prior to termination of venous access -
standing & sitting blood pressure.
- Obtains hemostasis and applies appropriate dressings. -
- Evaluates the patient prior to discharge.
- Documents information related to patient treatment including
documentation in the patient health record.
- Reports any significant information and/or change in patient
condition directly to the nurse supervisor. -
- Performs and documents interventions for unusual patient status
and document patients' response to intervention.
- Obtains all prescribed laboratory testing and prepares
specimens for collection.Maintenance / Technical:
- Conducts all tasks necessary for preparation for dialysis
treatment and documents where appropriate.
- Maintains environmental integrity and aesthetics - ensures all
areas are safe and clean.
- Cleans and disinfects dialysis machine surface, chair,
equipment, and surrounding area between treatments according to
- Performs all required pretreatment dialysis machine set up and
- Ensures that all blood spills are immediately cleaned with
appropriate disinfectant according to facility policy.
- Prepares, organizes, and efficiently utilizes supplies and
equipment to prevent waste.Clerical & Administrative:
- Enters all treatment data into the designated clinical
application accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reviews health care record for completeness and ensures omitted
entries are completed or corrected where appropriate.
- Prepares lab requisitions for prescribed or stat lab specimens
according to laboratory destination.
- Collects, labels, appropriately prepares and stores lab samples
according required laboratory specifications.
- Ensures collection of lab specimens by appropriate lab
- As a condition of continued employment, you are required to
obtain and maintain any required credentials or certifications
necessary for your position in an active and valid status
(including renewal of such credentials or certifications prior to
any expiration date). - -In the event that your credential or
certified status changes, you must notify your supervisor
- Capable of working in a challenging environment which requires
the ability to handle demanding situations, multitasking, and
remaining flexible to changing needs.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assignedPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. - -Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness
test as a condition of employment. - -Note that: Failing the
Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The
Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be
- Work includes using a desk and personal computer as well as
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position may require travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit
and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. -
-May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may
occasionally be required to push and/or pull equipment, exerting up
to 15 pounds of force. The employee may be required to lift and to
lower solutions on a frequent basis of up to 30 lbs., and on an
occasional lift basis up to 40 lbs., as high as 5 feet. There is a
two-person assist program and "material assist" devices for the
- NoneEDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Must have a nursing degree from an accredited nursing
- Must obtain nursing license within 90 days of
employmentEXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or a
related facility preferred.EO/AA Employer:
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Pasco , New Graduate Nurse- Inpatient Services- Western Group- 2023, Healthcare , Walla Walla, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!