Field Service Engineer - Tri-Cities, WA
Company: TOMRA Food
Posted on: May 3, 2021
TOMRA Food is a multi-national organization and a leading
provider of sensor based sorting and processing technology for the
fresh and processed food industries. Developing state-of-the-art
technologies, optimizing customers' production flow, and helping to
deliver consistent high quality output have been our strengths for
more than 30 years in the food industry. Our US Food division is
based in Sacramento, CA. and we are always seeking talented and
passionate individuals to join our organization.
At TOMRA, we want people to innovate, exhibit passion in their
work and be responsible. We encourage the freedom to innovate and
take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status
quo. We thrive off passion that always focuses and commits to
meeting success. We demand a responsible and safe mindset that
takes care of our customers, products and fellow employees.
Primary Job Functions
- Install new or modified equipment at customer facilities to
ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Perform all mechanical, electrical, electronic and optical
tuning and setup.
- Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems
- Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic
maintenance of system.
- Service and maintain installed equipment and preventive
- Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical
documentation and other assigned equipment.
- Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to,
instructing/training customers on operation and maintenance of
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on
problems of diverse scope.
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal
effectively with customers in the English language are
- Spanish and other languages are a plus.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Job requires frequent bending, kneeling and standing
- Lifting of up to 80 lbs.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Ability to drive for long distances
- Ability to distinguish between the full range of colors in the
- No major food allergies that would impede on the job
- Ability to work in Food processing plants, farms, cold storage
facilities, and outside in high/low temperatures
- Experience in field service and customer support.
- Experience in electronic system troubleshooting a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits,
electrical power circuits, PLC circuits.
- Working knowledge of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office products; Word, Excel and PPT
- Ability to read schematics
- A Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical,
mechatronics, sustainable manufacturing, or industrial engineering
- Extensive domestic and international travel, with up to
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport.
- Ability to drive without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: TOMRA Food, Pasco , Field Service Engineer - Tri-Cities, WA, Other , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!