Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane
Services LLC, is seeking a Machinist responsible for setting up and
operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and
instruments for the repair and maintenance of a variety of
equipment.The Machinist will fabricate and modify parts utilizing
lathe and other specialty machines to ensure parts meet
specifications for the repair of a variety of equipment. Job
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or
design results, including sizing and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers with
techniques to assure proper sizing and accurate readings of
- Perform machining operations such as turning, drilling,
tapping, boring, and conventional milling and lathe work, using
various engine lathes and horizontal and vertical mills and
horizontal boring mills
- Must be capable of holding 0.0005" machining tolerances with a
variety of equipment.
- Balance mechanical assemblies using dynamic balancing
- Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Perform various welding operations, including setup and use of
MIG, TIG, torch, and stick welders.
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding operations (e.g.,
precision surface facing), broaching procedures, and babbitt
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools,
including, but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand
grinders, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to
perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear
(especially eye and ear protection).
- Operate Overhead Crane
- Keep work area neat and clean
- Assist other machinists in department with skilled or
non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Assist other shop departments with skilled or non-skilled
duties as directed by supervisor and shop manager.
- Perform other duties as directed, including, but not limited
to; Parts Washing, Shop Clean Up, Mechanical Work Skills:
- Use Micrometer for getting accurate measurements
- Use Lathe and Mill material to specification
- Research proper specifications of parts through various
resources (EASA, Manufacturer) Required Qualifications
- High school Diploma
- 3+ years of applicable experience Essential Functions/Work
Environment: Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently
lift up to 20 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus. Eyeglasses/contact may be worn to aid
in the use of the vision essential functions. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use
hands and fingers to feel or handle, and talk and/or hear. The
employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and reach with hands
and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand for short
periods of time, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The
noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. All qualified applicants shall be treated equally
according to their individual qualifications, abilities,
experiences and other employment standards. There will be no
discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Pasco , Machinist, Other , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!