Equipment & Operations Internship
Company: CSS Farms, LLC
Posted on: June 6, 2021
CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to
provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to
our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the
highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things
we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial
culture. We value our employees opinions, we have a strong work
ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing
our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS
Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
The Equipment & Operations Intern works closely with the CSS
Farms Equipment Management Team to support and learn hands-on
skills related to farm operations. As the Equipment & Operations
Intern, you will gain exposure to all facets of our chip potato
operation through field work, research projects, and educational
In this role, you will:
- Support the site Equipment Manager with maintenance, repair,
calibration, and operation of field equipment
- Assist with fabrication, modification, and solving technical
problems on equipment
- Participate in equipment sourcing and purchasing
- Provide support for equipment related inventory
- Assist with planting, harvesting, and irrigation management as
- Give and receive real-time performance feedback to further your
growth and leadership development.
- Take on other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Driving between farm sites to move samples and other
- Regularly lifting objects of up to 40-50 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
- Mid-May through Mid-August (Start and End Dates are Flexible
based on Candidates schedule)
- Typical, daily farm hours are 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through
Friday, with occasional hours outside this window during peak times
- Are pursuing an Associates or Bachelors degree in agricultural
engineering, agribusiness, crop science, mechanized systems
management, equipment maintenance, or a related field.
- A valid drivers license or the ability to obtain one and pass
vehicle insurance verification.
- Ability to understand and operate computerized equipment
- Are generally tech savvy and can use basic software systems
such Excel, Word.
- Possess excellent organizational and project management
- Are an excellent communicator; asking for and valuing positive
and constructive feedback in an effort to grow within your role and
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.
- Receive a competitive pay package
- Paid Holidays
- Use of a company vehicle, when applicable
- Reimbursements for eligible travel expenses
- Participate in real-world farming equipment and maintenance
management from a leading, US potato company.
- Make valuable contacts within the industry who can assist you
with your career development, now and in the future.
- Gain an understanding of the entire business, including
operations, employee management, and logistics by spending time
with Farm, Equipment, and Operations Managers.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment
based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: CSS Farms, LLC, Pasco , Equipment & Operations Internship, Other , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!