Power Systems Field Technician
Company: Western States CAT
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Power Systems Field Technician repairs power
generation units to the customer's satisfaction in the field, shop
or customer's location. Removes, installs, diagnoses, repairs,
disassembles, assembles and performs failure analyses of all power
- Conducts necessary machine performance and diagnostic tests,
interprets results and makes an independent decision as to the
extent of the power generation repair.
- Performs work in the field, shop, or at customer locations
which can include overtime and overnight assignments.
- Repairs units without error and consistently repairs units
within the time requirement guidelines.
- Repairs warranty and service letter issues efficiently and as
soon as possible.
- Uses web based STW, SIS, and ET effectively to address
technical issues. Performs all required tasks in accordance with
- Conducts business professionally. Maintains self control and
integrity in stressful situations. Maintains a professional
- Adheres to all customer requirements while on job site.
- Orders parts required to complete repairs. Evaluates parts to
determine reusability and cause of failure.
- Completes service reports, time entry, and all other paperwork
and reporting on a laptop and submits them daily via e-mail.
- Communicates machine issues, problem resolution plan(s) and
status of repair(s) to customer during repairs.
- Adheres to all customer care standards.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere
to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support
of Western States' strategic programs, projects, and
- Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values
of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of power generation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to self-schedule and perform duties with minimal
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others to include customers, vendors, employees
and the public.
- Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time and travel away from
home as required.
- Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
- Five years experience in diagnosis and repair of power
generation equipment in a Caterpillar environment required.
- Comprehensive knowledge on how to disassemble, assemble, remove
and install machine components, and systems required.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting methods and systems
- Must own required tools.
- Must have a current CDL with air brake experience and
acceptable driving record. Must meet DOT requirements.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling,
leaning and twisting.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
Keywords: Western States CAT, Pasco , Power Systems Field Technician, Other , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!