Field Service Supervisor
Company: Western States CAT
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Field Service Supervisor manages the customer repair
process, including the oversight, management and coordination of
service work, and is the primary customer contact through the life
of the repair. This role is also responsible for the growth and
development of assigned technicians. Five years experience working
on heavy equipment and one year previous supervisory experience is
- Supervises employees. Performs annual performance reviews,
oversees the development and administration of employee development
plans and recommends compensation increases. Administers
discipline; has authority to hire employees.
- Completes assigned technician's annual performance appraisals
on or before their anniversary dates.
- Functions as primary point of contact for customers seeking
service work. Answers and directs incoming Service calls.
- Performs all sales functions (quotes, estimates, bids, etc.)
for incoming phone calls and walk-in customers needing service
- Qualifies the repair needs with the customer and collects the
necessary information needed to accurately create a quote or
estimate of repair.
- Works closely with Service Pricing Group to provide an estimate
or quote to the customer in adherence with Customer Care
- Discounts shop labor rates to gain business as necessary.
- Meets typical annual target of 22% PAD (may vary year over
year) for annual profitability of the team and the store.
- Works with field technicians to gain customer consent for
quoted or estimated work prior to the repair.
- Meets final repair performance versus quoted amounts
expectations of on or under quote.
- Manages marketing campaigns in partnership with Product Support
Sales Representatives (PSSRs) that are designed to drive business
into their assigned areas.
- Works closely with PSSRs and other department's sales
representatives (General Line, CAT Rental, Engine, etc.) to
coordinate service opportunities in their assigned areas.
- Evaluates all Warranty, Policy, and Service update issues that
may be required for the particular type of machine being
- Presents initial quote or estimate for work required to the
customer and any ongoing changes to gain consent to move forward
with the repair.
- Adds, deletes or otherwise manages the different elements of a
work order during the repair process, including: segments, charge
codes, job notes, etc.
- Uses the Service scheduling tool to schedule and maintain all
aspects of the repair in the field and the shop specific to
assigned team members and area.
- Performs all necessary work functions in Microsoft A/X specific
to the work order process by creating, maintaining and closing all
- Coordinates with Field Technicians to ensure all job stories
are accurately added to the work order prior to invoice
- Owns responsibility for the productivity of the technicians
assigned to the team.
- Will be measured by and held accountable for invoicing service
calls according to WIP turns metric.
- Coordinates the usage, rental or purchase of special tooling
needed to perform repair work.
- Provides frequent communication of service status updates for
each customer, as well as research, fact-finding, resolution and
follow-up of customer questions and concerns so that nothing come
as a surprise to the customers. Provides advice related to replace
versus repair options.
- Contacts the customer, after input from the Technician, with
any up-sell items and explains the issue; then either gains consent
to perform the work or directs technician to proceed without doing
- Discounts, credits and re-issues customer invoices as needed to
ensure customer satisfaction
- Makes internal policy decisions for the Service Department and
will work with other departments to ensure the policy expenses from
their areas are allocated to the appropriate internal
- Meets the break-even goal for all goodwill and warranty
decisions and the variance of those policy and warranty accounts at
the end of the year.
- Approves employees' work time and adjusts employee time on work
orders as needed
- Works directly with Field Technicians to ensure quality control
measures have been effectively deployed.
- Works with centralized functions concerning warranty, goodwill,
policy, technical communications and any other relevant items
associated with timely completion of the repair.
- Finalizes all repair work by contacting the customer, reviewing
the invoice in detail, and gaining consent to close.
- Follows up with customers post repair to gauge customer
- Adheres to all customer care standards.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres
to and promotes all applicable safety policies, procedures and
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support
of Western States' strategic programs, projects, and
- Works within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values
of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
- Knowledge or ability to learn Microsoft AX, Infocast, and Sales
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning,
organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Must be a self starter and able to work without
- Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
- Associates Degree from an accredited vocational school
- Five years minimum experience working on heavy equipment
required. Caterpillar environment with hydraulic, engine and
power-train experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year previous supervisory experience
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with
walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling,
leaning and twisting.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Keywords: Western States CAT, Pasco , Field Service Supervisor, Other , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!