Posted on: January 25, 2023
Teracore is a Service Disabled-Veteran Owned Small Business
(SDVOSB) classified management consulting and information
technology services firm. We are committed to creating and
maintaining a corporate environment and culture that promotes
long-term employment. Diverse talents help us to achieve the
missions and objectives of our customers. We hope we can partner
together to achieve those goals.
FEMA's Individual and Community Preparedness Division (ICPD)
supports the National Preparedness Directorate (NPD) mission by
connecting individuals, organizations, and communities with
research and tools to build and sustain capabilities to prepare for
any disaster or emergency. FEMA created the Youth Preparedness
Council (YPC) in 2012 to bring together young leaders who are
interested in supporting disaster preparedness and making a
difference in their communities, by completing disaster
preparedness projects nationally and locally. YPC members meet with
FEMA staff throughout their term, attend the annual YPC Summit, and
work to complete several emergency preparedness projects.
- Keep a logistics tracker and timeline
- Experience with planning Federal Government events
- Provide a weekly status report
- Coordinate with both the YPC Summit and ICPD Summit teams on
shared general logistics concerns
- Work with FEMA staff and external stakeholders to create and
maintain agendas for both events
- Coordinate with ICPD staff to secure venue, hotel(s), and
- Coordinate with ICPD and FEMA to arrange invitational travel
- Coordinate external communication and confirm speaker and
- Arrange all AV coordination to support speakers and attendees
- Oversee all activities and supervise event support staff on the
day of the event
- Respond to emergencies and crisis to solve problems on the day
of the event
- Assist with set-up, break-down and clean-up of the event
- Associates degree
- 5-7 years of experience organizing and planning conferences and
events preferably with DHS or the Federal Government.
- Experience preparing presentations and talking points for
government clients, experience ensuring compliance with security,
style, accessibility, external affairs, and Section 508
- 2-3 years of experience interacting with senior leadership and
communicating with diverse audiences.
- Well versed in Plain Language and other government writing
- Proficient in using Zoom and Teams for meetings and
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite including, PowerPoint, Excel
- Must provide examples of situations where multi-tasking was
required and how handled.
- Must provide examples of instances where candidate encountered
challenges and how they developed solutions.
At Teracore, we support, depend and thrive on differences for the
benefit of our associates and customers. Teracore is an equal
opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based solely on a
person's merit and professional qualifications directly related to
Keywords: Teracore, Pasco , Event Planner, Other , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!