Member Relationship Officer I
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Company DescriptionSTCU is a growing regional credit union that is
consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the
nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine's Great
Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to
serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard,
have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in
our members' lives. We love people who share our passion for
integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and
celebration.STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan - medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan Job DescriptionThe Member
Relationship Officer I connects with new and existing members
through an interactive, consultative process that deepens
relationships and member loyalty with STCU. Team Members in this
role serve the member by providing financial direction to assist in
meeting their current and future financial goals with the
appropriate products and/or services, and is accountable for
delivering an unparalleled member experience by providing efficient
and accurate service in teller, member service, and lending
functions.Principal AccountabilitiesDeepening Member Relationships
- Proactively greet members and engage in a collaborative
- Responsible for deepening new and existing member relationships
by asking open-ended, questions to draw out members concerns, wants
or needs while introducing products and services to fulfill both
stated and unstated needs.
- Demonstrate how our products or services benefit our members to
fill needs and solve problems including referrals to mortgage
lending, small business lending, commercial lending and investments
- Open all consumer account types including checking and savings,
certificates of deposits, IRAs, and trusts.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of business entities and account
- Open all small business deposit account types and collect
proper business documentation.
- Answer questions and resolve practical to complex technical
problems and disputes on member accounts.
- Introduce members to and assist with learning and using new and
- Perform account maintenance and research as needed.
- Complete paperwork associated with account opening and submits
within required timeframes.
- Complete instant issuing of debit and credit cards as
- Perform Teller functions as needed to support the branch.
- Process all member and shared branch member transactions,
deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments, check orders, etc.
accurately and efficiently.
- Proficient with all cash handling processes including balancing
a cash drawer, vault and night drop.
- Must be able to troubleshoot system problems.
- Must be able to research cash offages and member issues.
- Perform balancing of Recyclers, Coin, and Cash Advance
- Uncover member's needs with inquiries accurately, timely and in
alignment with job standards and procedures.
- Analyze credit reports, looking for opportunities to deepen
member relations and assist members in bringing other loans to STCU
by asking open-ended questions to discover problems, concerns,
wants or needs.
- Perform loan origination duties for all consumer loans products
in accordance with accepted loan policies and procedures.
- Perform loan origination duties for small business credit card
and auto loan requests.
- Prepare documentation and coordinate loan closings directly
with the member.
- Perform all loan closing duties including preparing documents,
title paper work, funding, and set up of auto pays and
- Responsible for meeting all branch expectations regarding loan
production payment protection, GAP and rescued loans.Miscellaneous
- Provide notary services as requested by members.
- Maintain positive relationships with other branches and
departments in order to enhance credit union success.
- Perform additional duties as assigned for efficient operation
of the branch and the organization.
- Meet all established loan, deposit, net promotor
goals.QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bilingual abilities, including ability to read, write and speak
Spanish fluently is required.
- A minimum of one year experience in a financial institution as
a teller, new accounts representative or loan officer required.
Demonstrated proficiency at an STCU branch may be considered in
lieu of experience. An Associate's degree and at least one year
experience in a high-end retail sales or customer service
environment may also be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining
positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
Demonstrated ability to deepen relationships with members.
- Notary license required.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS)
registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 is
- A passion for people and a commitment to service.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, in a diverse
work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision, with
both members and staff in a tactful and professional manner.
- Ability to solve complex problems, make practical and timely
decisions and deal with a variety of situations exercising
flexibility and sound judgement in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes, prioritize competing demands and
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and
communicate complex and diverse information.
- Ability to apply basic math concepts.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete
duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled,
and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
Additional InformationPlease review our website for more
Keywords: STCU, Pasco , Member Relationship Officer I, Other , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!