Construction Technology Support Specialist
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: October 19, 2020
WSECO VISION: We will lead our industry with passionate people,
innovative solutions, and trusted partnerships.
WSECO MISSION: We will deliver customer success through
best-in-class products, unmatched services, and innovative
SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State's culture is based on
passion for our Vision, Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely
committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every
day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a
"play to win" organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every
decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging
culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an
JOB SUMMARY: The SITECH Construction Technology Support Specialists
provides hands-on support for Civil Construction Field Systems and
Civil Construction Software Systems. This role is responsible for
training and client support in the use of Trimble Heavy Civil
technology tools to ensure client satisfaction is achieved.
Requirements include remote support and on site, classroom training
for clients and/or events, as needed.
* Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at
Western States. As a team member in the organization, it is
critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a safe
work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies,
procedures, and standards.
* Maintains clean/clutter free personal work areas to ensure safe
environment for all WSECO employees.
* Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as
identified in safety policy.
* Provides client training on the correct workflow from model
preparation to onboard and off board technology.
* Acts as the primary point of contact to qualify client's
knowledge gaps and to build a training plan to fit the needs of the
* Manages training calendar for clients to include identifying
training needs, building learning plans and curricula, and
completing client training.
* Provides drone flight best practices and client onboarding for
drone flight operations.
* Supports technical needs for sales staff in client presentation
and client education during the sales process. This includes
product software demos to ensure clients understand products being
* Conducts system diagnostics as requested by client providing
input to system configuration and set up changes. This is included
for on board and off board technology included with software.
* Reviews firmware and software releases on technology products to
identify solutions to client's challenges.
* Reviews client's machine model data and provides support and
training based on client's request. This can include identifying
model issues along with training clients on the correct
* Acts as the primary contract for clients seeking support using
Trimble software systems. This includes supporting clients' needs
around model review, takeoffs, volume calculations and drone survey
* Acts as a technical resource for sales staff in developing
solutions to meet the client's needs. This includes working with
vendor support staff to develop, pilot, and test solutions.
* Completes support remotely utilizing digital tools to engage with
clients. (i.e. emails, phone calls, remote meetings).
* Engages with Trimble support staff to gain an understanding of
new products coming to market, client benefits, and system
functionalities in order to train internal staff.
* Develops demonstration tools and environments in order to
showcase new features and products to clients.
* Seeks out new product offerings and services that meet the needs
of clients, builds a process to vet products to ensure they meet
quality standards and client expectations.
* Completes training in order to remain current on required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Advanced computer and technology skills required. Must be able to
utilize and understand CAD software along with Microsoft office
* Strong critical thinker with the ability to communicate complex
* Ability to prioritize tasks based on multiple priorities.
* Ability to travel 50% of the time.
* Ability to present to a group of people and teach complex
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
* Working within and promoting Western States' purpose, vision and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or similar industry
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Minimum of 4 years' experience utilizing and supporting GPS
* Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking,
sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not
limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping,
pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Pasco , Construction Technology Support Specialist, Professions , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!