Company: Grimmway Enterprises
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Overview:PURPOSE:The Refrigeration Technician will work closely
with maintenance technicians to maintain equipment and storage
areas within the facility. Responsibilities include, performing
highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and
maintain, chillers, coolers and refrigeration systems for packaging
and processing. The refrigeration technician will be responsible
for the repair and maintenance on both ammonia and freon
refrigeration systems. At this level, the individual must be able
to operate unsupervised, give direction, train and develop lower
level maintenance technicians. Must be able to diagnose and make
recommendation to the manager for overall operational productivity
in-order for Grimmway Farms to meet its seasonal and year-round
goals and objectives.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate as a highly skilled refrigeration technician with
little to no training/direction needed to perform duties.
- Will often work independently, but also within a maintenance
team environment. Will train other technicians in minor
refrigeration repair and preventive maintenance.
- Refrigeration Technician must keep up with the facility's
Preventative Maintenance Schedule and must maintain spare parts
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain refrigeration and
cooling equipment and systems. Perform preventive maintenance by
following diagrams, schematics, sketches, operation manuals,
manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications.
Responsible for compressors, condensers, electrical connections and
motor operation for climate-controlled facilities.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during
packaging/processing, and performs maintenance repairs and
preventive maintenance, to keep facilities operating at peak times.
Must maintain a mindset of controlling downtime and eliminating
spoilage or shrink.
- Maintains an understand of cooling and refrigeration needs
during layout of new, or rework of current lines, machinery, and
facilities during off-season. Knowledge of basic construction
methods. This to include teardown and restructure of equipment to
gain efficiencies and smooth start-up for coming seasonal
operations or utilization of building space for a variety of
- Locates sources of problems, leaks, issues with charge systems
that utilize coolants, etc., by observing cooling devices in
operation, listening/looking for problems, and utilization of
various measuring and testing instruments.
- Works closely with the Maintenance Manager to maintain
refrigeration parts, and supplies, by keeping up with stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts,
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment throughout all
processing facilities. Including recommendation of procedures,
rules and regulations to the Maintenance Manager. Proper handling
of chemical refrigerants, staying within EPA, state and local
regulations.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Must be able to operate a motor
vehicle. Ability to operate hand and power tools. Ability to work
outdoors. Ability to work on and build equipment. Must be able to
remain in a stationary position throughout much of the working day.
Ability to move in food processing facilities (sometimes through
narrow passages, in wet areas, or on elevated platforms). Ability
to continuously work with product and equipment at ground level.
Ability to inspect equipment. Both color vision to read color coded
wiring and hearing capabilities are required in-order to diagnose
refrigeration/mechanical issues. Must be able to work in different
temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100 - to 110 - F and
as cold as -20 - F to 32 - F). Must be able to work in a high noise
area. Must be able to move items weighing up to 50 lbs.Additional
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor or AA degree in refrigeration, mechanical, or
industrial maintenance a strong plus.
- Ideal candidate must have three to five years of experience in
Industrial Refrigeration (NH3).
- Seven to ten years proven experience in large scale
refrigeration environments is required.
- Experience with controls and electrical systems required.
- Must have working knowledge of screw and reciprocal
compressors, electrical troubleshooting, alarm system, preventative
maintenance, and all related common components.
- Knowledge of general plumbing, welding, soldering, and
carpentry functions is a must.
- Strong understanding of mechanical components as they relate to
cooling and refrigeration needs.
- Must be able to work on all types of industrial climate-control
systems, to include chillers, coolers, HVAC units, refrigeration
- Able to maintain large scale facilities and know local building
- Universal EPA Certification, or the ability to get one within
- Must have a Conditioned Air Contractor License and be certified
to handle refrigeration chemicals.
- RETA 1 and 2 Certification required.
- Must be skilled in all manner of machine/equipment operation,
to include mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting and repair of
- Skilled at a variety of hand and power tools, electronic
meters, diagnostic tools, etc.
- Ability to fabricate repair parts by using machine shop
instrumentation and equipment.
- Able to utilize various hardware/software formats not only for
day to day operation, but also able to gain a quick understanding
of technology as it pertains to climate-control and cooling
- Skilled in operating in a collaborative manner with a team
attitude, while executing sound judgement and professionalism with
- Must have initiative, and a proficient communicator with good
written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good time management skills and able to prioritize
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organization
- Able to maintain Grimmway Farms confidential and proprietary
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and
- Candidate will be required to live in Pasco, Washington or
within the commuting distance.
- Remote work not available for this position.
- Must be able to travel occasionally both local and out of the
area depending on business need.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean DMV record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical, and
functional capacity exam.Benefits:ADMINISTRATIVE BENEFITS:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Work life balance through Employee Assistance Program
Keywords: Grimmway Enterprises, Pasco , REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN, Professions , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!