Field Service Supervisor
Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: August 18, 2019
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Job Summary:The Field Service Supervisor is responsible for
managing the daily wind service crews schedule and act as a point
of contact for both customers and H&N Wind Service Technichans
that are servicing wind turbines on location. The Field Service
Supervisor will prepare quotes and discuss with current and
potential customers of the business the services that will be
provided to the customer. Job Duties
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Wind and Mechanical
Service Departments, Service Technicians in multiple locations,
Service jobs and projects, materials planning and parts
coordination, and project management and scheduling.
- Perform and delegate Field Service division customer support,
including all related paperwork. (Service orders, scheduling,
quotations, reports, and so forth in a timely manner).
- Oversee, manage, and utilize company teams and resources to the
means necessary to ensure all parts, materials, tooling, equipment
and manpower are available for successful execution of Field
Service jobs and projects.
- Utilize company-provided computer systems to perform daily job
duties, and tracking of projects, documentation, reports,
communications, and so forth.
- 24/7 availability for emergency communications and actions is
required with the expectation that reasonable measures would be
taken to mitigate non-emergency calls by implementing processes and
protocol for on- and off-hours needs, concerns, and questions from
technicians and customers.
- Maintain records of communications within the company business
systems ensure details are available in your absence.
- Track all quotations that you have produced to ensure customer
service and sales representatives are proactive.
- Respond to customer inquiries and ensure timely follow up.
- Attend training as deemed necessary by your supervisor and
- Willingness to work with the Pasco or TPS network on special
projects as necessary.
- Perform billable field work as often as reasonably
- Utilize company owned vehicle in a professional manner.
- Field incoming calls; establish and adjust schedule as
- Review technician paperwork.
- Delegate tasks to our Electrical Services Division and
coordinate as needed.
- Perform job walks and job quoting.
- Job cost analysis.
- Provide leadership and vision for the technicians at each
- Identify technician needs and requirements; initiate new
technician job requisitions; modify and refine job descriptions;
review candidates' resumes; interview potential candidates; and
review top candidates with your direct supervisor as well as work
with HR to attain and deliver job offers.
- Assist in training for technicians.
- Attend weekly production and wind sales meetings as well as
various other meetings as necessary.
- Conduct bi-weekly safety / toolbox meetings.
- Review work in progress with Sales and Operation management on
a weekly basis.
- Perform limited billing, invoicing, and collection
- Help employees understand and observe all safety and company
- Confer with your direct supervisor and HR on disciplinary
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude couple with a great
attitude and superior
- Advanced knowledge and skills related to wind turbine repair
and maintenance with an emphasis on generator specific scopes of
- Ability to work well in high-pressure situations with and
without team support.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to guide, direct, mentor,
encourage, and support a team while keeping the team as well as
yourself accountable to a continual high level of performance.
- Strong customer service skills and professionalism is required
at all times
- Ability to utilize Microsoft software on company-owned computer
- Detail oriented
- Good organization skills
- Growth oriented and a forward thinker
- Overnight travel required
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or prior Timken
experience required Essential Functions/Work Environment: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in
high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The employee
is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather);
fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor
weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat
(non-weather) and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet to moderate, but occasionally loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move
up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance
vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust
focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. All qualified applicants shall be treated
equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities,
experiences and other employment standards. There will be no
discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Pasco , Field Service Supervisor, Professions , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!