Truck Technician II
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: October 27, 2019
* Troubleshoots and tests various engine and truck systems at an
intermediate level; compares test results to specifications and
determines if the system is working as designed with limited
Technician III or IV assistance.
* Assists in repairs, diagnoses machine failures and performs
repairs according to TRG standards.
* Develops mindset for technician productivity and adheres to
* Performs basic maintenance and repair tasks independently when
scheduled for required preventative maintenance work.
* Uses service manuals, STW, SIS and parts books effectively to
address technical issues. Performs all required tasks in accordance
with printed procedures.
* Learns parts reusability guidelines.
* Uses parts books and SIS increasingly and orders parts required
to complete repairs.
* Writes and reads complete, factual service reports for files and
warranty purposes using STW for timely work order closing.
* Handles all customer inquiries in a prompt and friendly
* Develops skill sets to meet customer expectations and handles all
customer inquiries in a prompt and friendly manner.
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Understands at basic level and increases specialization in CAT
engines, chasses, A/C systems, Electrical systems, etc.
* Basic computer/typing skills.
* Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; CDL
* Working knowledge of SIS and STW
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Associates degree in diesel technology or trade school diploma or
equivalent experience required.
* Two to four years minimum experience in diagnosis, repair,
disassembly, and assembly of On-highway Trucks and Engines.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including
but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending,
stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Exposure to high noise level.
* Exposure to fumes.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Pasco , Truck Technician II, Professions , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!