Route Sales Representative- Wind
Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: August 19, 2019
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane
Services LLC, is now hiring a full-time technical outside route
sales representative in the Pacific Northwest region in a territory
primarily comprised of portions of eastern Washington, northeastern
Oregon, and northern Idaho. The roles of this position include:
- Maintain and improve sales to existing customer accounts as
well as develop new accounts in the assigned territory.
- Sell powertrain components' repair to include electric motors,
variable frequency drives, switchgear, and gearboxes. Technical
knowledge in these areas is a must.
- This position safely and timely picks up from and delivers to
customers' repaired apparatus, apparatus to be serviced and new
motors, parts, and controls.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual that is
results-oriented and a self-starter. This position will report to
the District Sales Manager. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an established in-depth knowledge of customers and markets
within the assigned territory.
- Visit customer sites and perform informal, preliminary
equipment surveys as required. Provide direct liaison support to
Field Service problems when required.
- Be knowledgeable of electric motors, switchgear, gearboxes, and
component manufacturing, repair, and test procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of company product offerings and their related
prime market applications and aftermarket potential.
- Create comprehensive quotes/proposals to meet customer's
requirements. Ability to follow up and convert opportunities into
- Be able to assess and analyze the territory market needs and
customer base to create an effective market plan. Must be able to
gain intimate knowledge of customers' projects and strategies.
- Be able to manage time and priorities for maximum efficiency
and sales effectiveness with the available resources.
- Be accountable for accurate sales call reporting, quotation
follow up and closing transactions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform closely within a team
environment while at the same time possessing the ability to
proceed independently when required with minimal supervision, even
when multiple priorities exist.
- Have the flexibility to meet sometimes demanding travel
requirements and spend significant time making customer visits
within the assigned territory. Approximately 75% travel will be
required (may include some overnight stays).
- Be able to build customer confidence in the ability of the
company and you to meet their needs.
- Possess good problem solving skills with the ability to utilize
persuasive sales techniques to gain customer confidence.
- Be able to develop and maintain an efficient travel routing
system to include an organized and efficient loading/unloading
- Provide the customer with an accurate delivery ticket and
- Be able to regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50
- Exhibit personal confidence and professionalism in all business
processes. Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous route driving experience (CDL not required)
- 1-2 years technical motor sales experience
- Forklift Certification
- High School Diploma Required. Associate Degree preferredAll
qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their
individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other
employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender
or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military
status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Timken
fosters a drug-free work environment.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Pasco , Route Sales Representative- Wind, Sales , Pasco, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!